Tuesday, March 19, 2013

To permit or not to permit? or How to Join a Farmers Market.

Headache from all of this running around and calling and form filling out, its a mess!
All I want to do is watch TV until I fall asleep... But alas, that is not an option tonight. I found out that I don't need the two permits that I thought I needed but I do need two that I was not aware I needed. They are about equal in cost $400 :( Far too much in my opinion, and that doesn't even include the cost of renting a commercial kitchen!! So add however that much is to the cost of materials, storage, and a tent, table, banner, etc. At least I already have a square card reader and a tablet! I really hope that I end up making money, because like most of the world I am not a wealthy lady and I can't afford to lose!

I tried to make some chocolates tonight, part of the reason I have a headache, too much sugar. However when I added the lavender I added too much and now it just tastes terrible. I hate to throw away food, but I'm afraid I'll have to. However, the orange chocolate I made tastes great :) I was going to make cookies, but the I ate too many carbs, and too much sugar and the TV is loud and the computer is distracting. So here I am writing this blog instead of baking cookies. 

I seem to be having problems using cacao powder and making and kind of sweet or milk chocolate with it. Whatever I make comes out very bitter. Perhaps I need to find a cocoa powder instead. I want to figure out how to make chocolates using something besides the enjoy life chocolate because my dad is unable to eat those and I want to make something everyone can eat.

I wish there were more hours in the day, but then again I think we all have at some point. I hope to hear back from some commercial kitchens tomorrow. The kitchen that my farmers market recommended is all booked up and has no refrigerator space left. So I contacted three today. I did however hear back from the market and they said if I get everything together I could start selling as early as next weekend!!

So I am excited, exhausted, and a little nervous. I just want this to all be over so I can get to the point where I bake and sell, bake and sell, repeat indefinitely.

Well, I have an early morning, so farewell for now!

Alison Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment