Monday, March 25, 2013

Sugar Cookies pt 2 or Why flour substitution sucks


I had a weird dream last night that I was selling goods at the Farmers market, but I wasn't supposed to be there yet, so I was sneaking in. I was so worried about getting caught, but everyone was so excited about my products! Also, instead of a table I was selling my products off of a very large toilet tank! So strange!

Anyway, I am going to see a commercial kitchen tomorrow, possibly two once I find out if I can actually use a car tomorrow or not. So I'm excited to get started!

Wednesday I tried to make cookies. I had two recipes, one for shortbread and one for sugar cookies. I switched the flours and had no eggs... Those two changes may have caused the cookies to become almost inedible. They fell apart before you ever picked them up, it was awful! I burnt one batch, and the other was so flat it was pathetic. So I am hoping to have better luck today. I'm going to try different recipes, as the ones I attempted last time were more labor and time intensive than I'd prefer (rolling them into a log and refrigerating them, for up to an hour!) so hopefully I can google some better results.

So it's been a day since I started this post. I tried a new recipe for sugar cookies and I had great success! They turned out perfectly, well almost. I think they might need just a little more milk and then they will be just the right amount of crunchy and soft. I'm going to make another batch this weekend and take pictures. They will be Easter cookies! :) Maybe I can cut them into bunnies?

Special shout out to Emily and Brian Bowers who gave me cookie cutters for Christmas, I'll be using them!!

But for now the pasta is boiling so I'd better attend to that. More soon

Alison Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment